Maria Chrzanowska Polish School is serving the Polish community in Edmonton. We strive to teach Polish children their native language as well as Poland's history, geography, and traditions. In so doing, we hope to open their minds and enrich their personal knowledge of the world. Read More...
We are starting the 2020/2021 school year off a bit differently this year. We are excited to see all the children again; however we must adhere to the recommendations of Alberta Health Services in order to maintain safety.
Thus during class time the following will take place:
- Classes will start at 9:20am and end at 12pm. This is because we are unable to provide the children with a long recess and the entry and exit times will require additional times.
- Before coming to class, we ask that you do a self-evaluation at home and if your child has any symptoms and is not feeling well we ask that you keep them home. A list of questions is available on our website - here.
- Only the doors to the church office on the south side of the building on 83 ave will be used to enter. The doors will be open from 8:30 to 9:15 in the morning. We ask that you walk your child to the door where their teacher will be waiting to meet them and take them to class. Only students will be allowed to enter the church.
- Before coming in there will be a sanitizing station and children will be asked to disinfect their hands. All children are required to wear a facemask.
- During class time, the children will only be in their class. If class size allows a 2m distance between students, they will be able to remove their masks. Hands and frequently used surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day.
- At 12pm the children will be brought to the exit doors by their teacher where they will be handed off to their parents. For this purpose we will use both the main church doors off 83 ave as well as the church office doors. A list of what classes are to use what door will be posted shortly.
- For the first class on September 26th, one parent will be allowed to enter if needed.
Start of the 2020/2021 School Year!
I hope that the first half of September and return to school went well for all. On Saturday September 19th we will be starting a new year at our Polish school. I am happy to announce that just like in past years, we will be starting the school year off with a mass. Mass will take place at 10:30am at Our Lady Queen of Poland church which is located at 9906 83 Ave. After mass, we will ask that the children gather with their teachers for about 30 minutes and go see their classrooms. Between 11:45am and 12pm we will gradually bring the children out to the parking lot.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, there are some strict guidelines that we must adhere to.
- There is a limited amount of people that can attend mass and we ask those that would like to participate please sign up at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B4BA5A929ABFE3-rejestracja
- If you are unable to participate in mass but would like your child to be present for the first lesson, the church doors will be open at 11:10am.
- Once you are inside the church we ask that you wear a mask and sanitize your hands. These are the guidelines from the diocese. In the pews, please keep your distance unless you are from the same household.
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Our 2020-21 school year begins in September! We'll have more detailed information shortly.
To register for the upcoming school year, we ask you to fill out the registration form – link – and send it to our school email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are accepting registrations for the 2020-2021 school year. New students, please fill out this form and send it to email@example.com.
The school fees are as follows:
One Child: $250
Two Children: $375
Three Children: $425
Heroes of Polish History by our Grade 6 Class